Develop an action plan for the rest of your 2016!
We’re almost halfway done with 2016, and it’s not too late to ensure that you have a phenomenal year. If something has not been working for you this year, fix it! And if there are goals and dreams you have yet to pursue, pursue them!
I know what you’re thinking….If only it were that easy.
With an action plan, you can conquer much more than you may have thought was possible.
This is why I shared with my subscribers last year how to do a self-led quarterly evaluation, and why I’m bringing it back!
Below, check out some steps that I believe you should take regularly to pause, reflect, and strategize around how to powerfully pursue your goals.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR OWN QUARTERLY SELF-EVALUATION
- Find a quiet place for you to do this activity alone or with a trusted group of friends. You can also play music that helps you to reflect while doing the activity.
- Get 3 – 5 sheets of notebook paper (feel free to use a journal, Google Document, or whatever works for you as an alternative).
- At the top of each notebook sheet, write 1 of your top priorities in life and/or business (examples are 1) forming healthy friendships, 2) establishing a stronger spiritual relationship, 3) eating healthy, and 4) increasing clientele).
- Write “Current” as a heading underneath your first priority.
- Underneath that heading, write 3 – 5 short statements that describe where you are in this priority area.
- Underneath those statements, rank yourself in this priority area on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being exactly where you want to be.
- Underneath that, write the heading, “3 months from now.”
- Underneath that heading, write 3 – 5 short statements that describe where you would like to be in this priority area 3 months from now.
- Underneath those statements, write the heading, “Action Plan.”
- Underneath that heading, write 3 – 5 very feasible things you can do to move towards where you want to be in that area.
- Repeat steps 3 – 10 on each notebook sheet or page for each priority. If you are with a group of friends, you can each share one goal at a time, give listeners an opportunity to ask questions at the end of each goal, and clap it up for the presenter after each goal.
- Determine how you will hold yourself accountable to implementing the action steps that you determined will bring you closer to your goals. Ensure that those accountability measures are based on your knowledge of what works and doesn’t work for you when it comes to accountability.
- Schedule your self-led quarterly evaluations for the remainder of the year using Google Calendar or whatever planning mechanisms you use including reminders to help you prepare to reflect leading up to your next evaluation.
Take some time to really focus on the areas of your life that mean the most to you and take steps like the ones above to reflect then strategize around how to take your goals to the next level. Ensure that while you’re at it, you’re determining how to hold yourself accountable to these action steps. If you do, then you WILL see much more progress than if you allow yourself to get used to operating at levels below what you know you are capable of!
Try it for yourself, modifying if needed, and tell me how it works for you!
I believe in you!
As always, please send me a note at firstname.lastname@example.org if this resonated with you, and feel free to share this post with family and friends!
Also, feel free to share with me via email how your own quarterly self-led evaluation goes! I’m excited to hear about it!
Photo credit: SusanCorpuz90 (Flickr)