Last updated May 25. 2018
At Daphne Valcin Coaching, we want to ensure that you know what you can expect when utilizing our website, content on our website, content within our services or products, or when making a purchase through this site. Please ensure you have read and understood the contents of this policy and terms and conditions before utilizing our site, services or products.
When you engage with Daphne Valcin Coaching, our products, or services, you may provide us with your personal contact information. This personal information is often, but not exclusively, provided to us when you consult with our team, sign up for and use services, or communicate with us in any other way.
How we use Your Information
We may use your information for a number of reasons, including:
- To bill and collect fees for services or products
- To alert you when needed
- To provide you with customer support and updates about your account
- To enforce our terms and conditions and any applicable laws as well as to protect the rights and safety of other clients and third parties as well as our own
- To comply with legal requirements including court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other legal requirements
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To provide services effectively and improve those services as needed
- To determine strategic approaches to advertising and targeting for future client campaigns
- Other purposes: To implement other legitimate business purposes or for other lawful purposes
Your Data Protection Rights
If we have collected your data, you have the following data protection rights:
- You are always able to access your information if you so desire. You can also take steps to ensure we have the correct information for you or update it if needed. You also have the ability to request that we delete your personal information. At any time you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request information about what personal contact information we have on file for you and to request that a specific action be taken regarding this information.
- If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you can also decide that you do not want us to process your personal information, you can ask that we restrict the processing of your personal information, or you can request portability of your personal information by contacting us.
- Also, if we collect or process your personal information as a result of your giving us consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time. Doing so will not affect the lawfulness of any processing conducted prior to your withdrawing that consent and it won’t affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to contact a data protection authority if you desire to complain about the collection and use of your personal information. If you’re in the EEA, you can find details for data protection authorities here.
If we receive any requests from anyone who desires to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws, we will respond to all of those requests. In this case, we might ask that you verify your identity before moving forward with taking action.
How We Share Information
It is rare that we share and disclose your personal information to a third party, however, we might do so to the following types of third parties:
- Our service providers: We might share your information with third-party service providers such as our payment processing system, who help provide and support our business-related functions.
- Accreditation entities: As Daphne Valcin Coaching attains additional credentials to service clients better, information such as clients’ contact information and coaching hours might be shared with accreditation entities including educational providers.
- Advertising partners: Sometimes, Daphne Valcin Coaching partners with third-party advertising networks and exchanges as part of our marketing strategy. We might share demographic or qualitative data with these partners to advance these strategies.
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or other third parties where disclosure might be necessary as a result of a law or regulation; to exercise, establish, or defend our legal rights; or to protect your vital interests or interests of another individual.
- A potential buyer (including that buyer’s agents or advisors) if Daphne Valcin Coaching chooses to participate in a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganization, or acquisition.
- Any other individual as a result of your consent.
Your Ability to Opt-Out
If at any time, you no longer want to receive information from Daphne Valcin Coaching, you can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our marketing messages. You can also choose to opt out by emailing us at email@example.com. Some emails to clients from us like account notifications are necessary for account management, and you would stop receiving such communication if you were no longer a client.
We value the security of your information. As a result, we have taken reasonable measures to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, as we consider the risks involved in processing your personal information. Those measures include:
- Password-protected access to our organizational emails
- Password-protected access to our third-party vendor websites including our payment processing systems
- Client session notes access limited to coach and client
- Business service-related Google Documents limited to access by Daphne Valcin Coaching team
- Documents from events with attendee information shredded after being inputted into our system
Retention of Data
Daphne Valcin Coaching keeps records of personal information and data associated with all of those who have showed an interest in Daphne Valcin Coaching through measures including signing up for marketing emails, signing up for a client consultation, or being a client at any point in time. We take measures to remove ourselves from sensitive documents associated with clients after no longer working with clients. Our retention of personal information is determined by whether we have a need to retain the data based on a legal or contractual circumstance or whether we need the data to provide service. We take measures to securely store this personal information if it has not been deleted.
Changes to This Policy
Questions and Concerns
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, comments, or concerns when it comes to matters of privacy associated with your personal information.